I decided to finish the quilt top I started last week. All I had left to do was add the sashing strips around the bottom and right edges, then add the border. I sewed the sashing strips all together and went to pin them to the quilt top, and they didn’t line up! I quickly realized that I had cut them all 2.25 instead of 2.5″! I don’t have a clue how I managed to mess that up! It wasn’t a huge deal, or a huge waste of fabric, but it was SUPER annoying!
So, I scrapped that idea and took a 2-hour nap instead.
I worked my way back to it later in the evening, re-cut the fabric, and managed to get them all sewn onto the quilt. I even managed to get the border fabric cut and pinned on 2 sides. I may manage to FINALLY finish the top tomorrow night.
Let’s not hold our breath though!
I'm a wife, mom of two (one blue, one pink), and I work full time. Our family loves to camp, and we're often on mini adventures during the summer. My fall/winter/spring/rainy day hobby is quilting. I started about 10 years ago, then put everything away when The Blue One was born. A few years ago a good friend decided to take up this 'hobby' and I've been back at it ever since. She's my partner in crime (A.K.A. 'the enabler').
I have no aspirations of becoming a quilt designer - I'm just not that good at geometry (I rely on my math major/computer programmer husband to help with piecing backs at times!).
This little blog is my way of chronicling my quilting adventures. Occasionally I post about non-quilting things as well.
Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to say HI!
This entry was posted in Quilts
. Bookmark the permalink