Getting There

I was able to sit down and work on The Blue One’s iSpy quilt last night.  I took this (slightly blurry) picture this morning on my way out the door to work.  If I’m able to sit down for a little bit tonight I’ll have all of the strips together, then will just have to start sewing them to each other.  Shouldn’t be long now!

photo(2)

I am waiting on the border and binding fabric to arrive so that I can color-match it and get the backing fabric ordered for this one and for The Pink One’s iSpy quilt.  I hope to have them both ready for the quilter in a couple of weeks.  Fingers crossed!

I’m linking up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday again today.  Happy Hump Day, Y’All!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Advertisements

About msminnesota

I'm a wife, mom of two (one blue, one pink), and I work full time. Our family loves to camp, and we're often on mini adventures during the summer. My fall/winter/spring/rainy day hobby is quilting. I started about 10 years ago, then put everything away when The Blue One was born. A few years ago a good friend decided to take up this 'hobby' and I've been back at it ever since. She's my partner in crime (A.K.A. 'the enabler'). I have no aspirations of becoming a quilt designer - I'm just not that good at geometry (I rely on my math major/computer programmer husband to help with piecing backs at times!). This little blog is my way of chronicling my quilting adventures. Occasionally I post about non-quilting things as well. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to say HI! IG: wannabequilter
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Getting There

1. Beth says:

Great start. I am very slowly collecting fabrics to make an I spy as well.

2. mtnsumac says:

I love I Spy. I see some very cute fabrics in yours!

3. sewfrench says:

This is too cute! Did you collect all the fabrics or swap for them?

• msminnesota says:

I did swaps for them. I haven’t been quilting long enough to build up enough of a stash to do 2 iSpy quilts. The swaps are definitely the way to go!

4. Floss says:

This is looking very cute, I saw in an earlier post that you were thinking about borders, I think that a simple border would be good and if you did them in differ colours it would make it easier to tell the quilts apart.

• msminnesota says:

I finally found exactly what I was looking for – and it shipped today!
      For ‘his’ iSpy, I have white with blue dots and blue with white dots that I will use for the border & the binding…I’m just not sure yet which I’ll use where.
      For ‘her’ iSpy quilt, I have white with red dots and red with white dots. Whichever way I go with one, I’ll do for the other. Then solids on the backs (blue for his, red for hers). I think they’ll compliment each other nicely!
      Thanks for stopping by!

5. Debbie says:

I love your fabric! It’s very fun and playful.

6. Tartankiwi says:

Great fabrics! Its going to be an awesome quilt!

7. barbara says:

hi nice to follow you , i am wont-to-be quiltor so we had the same thought

8. Meghan says:

Hello! I got your comment, and you are still a no reply-blogger. Sorry! =/

9. Pingback: Subject Change | Wanna-Be-Quilter

I want to hear from you...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s