At long last, it’s DONE!
I started my Sock Monkey quilt in February 2011 and finished the top shortly after I started. It was back from the quilter in September 2011, then it just kind of hung around, unbound, for months…waiting for me to do my little weekend project of binding it that I originally posted about last September (here).
I eventually made the binding and attached it to one side of the quilt, but then decided I wanted to get some quilt labels. I saw the labels that Danielle from Nacho Mama’s Quilt had on one of her quilts, and I asked her who made them. Then I waited for the labels, and started another project (OK, three more projects). But finally….last night….I took the last step and sewed the binding on the other side of the quilt, and it’s DONE!
I am not as thrilled about my labels as I was when I first got them so I’m going to be ordering different ones. My friend Gretchen just ordered some through Etsy, and I love the options the shop owner has, so I’m going to spend some time cruising and perusing the font list to find one I like, then I’ll submit an order.