Almost Finished

On Sunday, THIS >

photo (28)

Turned to THIS >

photo (10)

I was very pleased that I was able to sew my 3 big chunks into a finished top, complete with 2 borders.  My family let me pretty much have the whole day to myself to get it done.  So thankful for that!

However, I couldn’t be bothered to press the backing and get it assembled, so that will be a task for this weekend.  This baby has a date with the long arm on Dec 15 and I’ve finished WELL ahead this time.  I’m hoping to NOT be sewing zippers onto the back next Friday night in a mad rush to have it all ready to go!

It’s Wednesday, so I’m linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced where Cindy from Hyacinth Quilt Designs is guest blogging today.  Go check it out!

Advertisements

About msminnesota

I'm a wife, mom of two (one blue, one pink), and I work full time. Our family loves to camp, and we're often on mini adventures during the summer. My fall/winter/spring/rainy day hobby is quilting. I started about 10 years ago, then put everything away when The Blue One was born. A few years ago a good friend decided to take up this 'hobby' and I've been back at it ever since. She's my partner in crime (A.K.A. 'the enabler'). I have no aspirations of becoming a quilt designer - I'm just not that good at geometry (I rely on my math major/computer programmer husband to help with piecing backs at times!). This little blog is my way of chronicling my quilting adventures. Occasionally I post about non-quilting things as well. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to say HI! IG: wannabequilter
This entry was posted in Quilts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Almost Finished

1. Shannon says:

The name of your blog made me laugh! If you’ve made a quilt, you’re a quilter, at least by my definition. I love the colors in your current project. It looks great!

2. Sara says:

Such soft and beautiful colors in this top!

3. Kristin says:

Really love this design and of course the Noteworthy collection is such a great choice! Nice work.

4. Renee says:

What a fun quilt! The border adds a lot of fun too.

5. Vicki in MN says:

Love this quilt, can you share the name of the pattern? Curious where in MN you are, I am SE MN

6. Nesta says:

Really like the border you’ve chosen, it looks great.

7. Val Reynolds says:

Julie, I hope ya get this…as you commented at my blog (Val’s Quilting Studio) myplvl.blogspot.com and you are a no-reply blogger. So to answer your flannel twister question: Yes, I used warm and natural batting for the quilt. LOVE IT!!!! 🙂

• msminnesota says:

I got it! Can’t figure out how to NOT be a no-reply blogger, despite following the instructions. I think I have different accounts set up differently and can’t figure out how to backtrack!
      I was thinking you probably don’t even need batting, but warm & natural is light, so I’m guessing that worked well.

8. Pingback: Twisting | Wanna-Be-Quilter

9. Julie says:

This is so cute! I love your fabric choice and the great borders. Congrats on the top finish!

I want to hear from you...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s