Triangles Cut

I arrived home from my crazy work trip to Argentina (yesterday), took a nap (yesterday), slept in (today), and decided I was ready to tackle the latest QAL I joined – The Triangle Quilt Along that Paula over at The Sassy Quilter is hosting.

Today I starched and cut my triangles.  I have 18 FQs and I got 12 triangles out of each FQ, so I currently have 216 triangles.  Paula’s instructions call for 204 triangles.  Here’s something you may not know about me….I suck at math.  Last week I very nicely asked my husband to head back to the quilt shop and he got me a second set of FQs.  If I cut them all, I will have 432.  I’m actually considering it!  But…I’ll see how I like the size of the 204-216 that I currently have cut. First things first, right?

Here are the first 216:

Untitled

So far I’m still on target as far as deadlines go.  Yay, Me!

Now time to go unpack the rest of my suitcases….I hate that part of traveling!

The Sassy Quilter
Advertisements

About msminnesota

I'm a wife, mom of two (one blue, one pink), and I work full time. Our family loves to camp, and we're often on mini adventures during the summer. My fall/winter/spring/rainy day hobby is quilting. I started about 10 years ago, then put everything away when The Blue One was born. A few years ago a good friend decided to take up this 'hobby' and I've been back at it ever since. She's my partner in crime (A.K.A. 'the enabler'). I have no aspirations of becoming a quilt designer - I'm just not that good at geometry (I rely on my math major/computer programmer husband to help with piecing backs at times!). This little blog is my way of chronicling my quilting adventures. Occasionally I post about non-quilting things as well. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to say HI! IG: wannabequilter
This entry was posted in Quilts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Triangles Cut

1. That didn’t take you long after getting back from Argentina to be back into quilting! Great work Julie!!

2. Becki Didriksen says:

Glad you’re home. Just got the Tues Morning flyer in the mail and they have Fat Quarters for 5.99! I’m gonna check them out tomorrow. Not sure why…..haven’t even done my first quilt. But when I do…..I’ll be prepared.
    Miss you.
    Becki

3. Quiltmouse says:

Love your colors! Good for you for being on track. I’m behind on one of my BOM but hope to catch up this week. You do know that unpacking always comes after sewing! Keep up the good work.

4. Ruth says:

Wow that was quick. Maybe you could use the spares for a matching cushion?

• msminnesota says:

Maybe. I’m pretty sure I’ll be making it bigger than Paula’s instructions call for, but I’ll definitely still have extra fabric. A cushion is a great idea!

I also cut 2-3 at a time, so that speeds things up considerably!

5. carla bynum says:

Hi!!!! I love your fabrics!!!! I am doing the Triangle Quilt Along too!!!! Will be so fun to see what everyone makes!!!!

6. Alison says:

These look fantastic! I am doing this one too and I love how many different colors/fabrics you are using!

7. sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats says:

Good for you for keeping up! It’s going to be beautiful!

8. SERIOUSLY digging your fabrics and that layout is looking fantabulous!!

9. bigbossmama says:

Do you starch after you’ve cut them all out? And do you have a fav spray?

• msminnesota says:

I starched while I pressed, but not again after I cut them out, but I should have. I had picked up a can of Faultless from WalMart a while back, so I had it on hand.

10. Cindy Wendt says:

Hi, just found your blog Via your Flickr posts on this QAL, your Colours JUMPED off the page for me, I think it is unanimous that we all absolutely love your fabric choices. The colours just sing to me and the prints. GORGEOUS. Can you tell us the name of the line please.
    TIA. Cindy.

I want to hear from you...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s