With invisible thread! DOH! I decided to do a little sewing while The Blue One was in the shower tonight. It doesn’t take him long, and I had stuff pinned and ready to go – sitting just to the left of my machine. So I fired Bunny up and away we went – I sewed the extra triangles onto my rows, then went to work on sewing together another whole row’s worth of pairs (I am adding SIX rows!). I ‘sewed’ all the way through a bunch of them before I realized I had run out of bobbin thread. So I start to backtrack and stack things back the way they need to be….carefully (I didn’t pin that round), and they just kept coming….about 9 or 10 pairs worth….PLUS two and a half of the rows. Dang! What a total waste of time! And it’s a little ironic that it was my bobbin that ran out because I had been looking at the spool on top of the machine that’s getting close to running out – I was wondering how long it would last!
And now for the cold, hard truth – I won’t be meeting the Triangle Along deadline this week. I’m actually surprised I’ve kept up with the group until this point. There may have been a very slight possibility if I hadn’t decided to make my quilt bigger after I started, but considering that I had to cut 18 more FQs and then lay them out again, there was just no way it was going to happen. I added to the length of the quilt (the extra 6 rows) AND I added triangles to each row (6 so far – possibly an additional 2)….if I could just stop adding to the rows I can start sewing rows together!
But that’s a project for next week as there will be no sewing for the next two days for sure, and the jury’s still out for sewing on Sunday.