Wow, I can’t believe it’s been a month since I last posted, which also means it’s been a month since I last sat at my sewing machine. Sigh. Almost exactly a month ago, in fact. My last project was lanyards and box bags for the kids to use on the Disney Cruise we took with friends. You may remember that I was really struggling with the bags because I have a hate/hate relationship with zippers. But I persevered!
I’m very happy with how they turned out. I ended up using The Blue One’s bag during the day while we wandered around the ship. I used it to stash my sunglasses, camera, and lip balm – it was so much easier than trying to find those things once they sank to the bottom of my beach bag.
The past month has been CRAZY here! Here’s the rundown:
- Family/Friends Disney Cruise. We spent a day at Universal, then off to Port Canaveral for our cruise to Nassau, The Bahamas, then to Castaway Cay, then back to Port Canaveral. A quick little 3-day cruise that was just too quick! Wish it could have been longer…..SO MUCH FUN!
- Back to work for a day and a half, then off to Vegas for a training event I attended with some coworkers. We were there for 3 nights, saw 2 shows, and sat in a conference room for 16 hours. It was a jam-packed 2.5 days! We saw LOVE (Cirque/Beatles) and Jersey Boys. I’ve seen them both before, but would go over and over again they’re so fantastic!
- Then home to celebrate The Pink One’s 6th birthday at a local gymnastics gym with 12 of her buddies. She got this most fantastic ‘custom’ cat pillow – friend/neighbor JoJo drew a picture of a cat, then JoJo’s mom just whipped one up! So awesome!
- And then there was Halloween…
- And then I was off on a cruise (yes, another one) with several girlfriends. We do this every other year. Back to Port Canaveral and Nassau I went with my roommie, Ruthie!
The day we had to debark….’cold’ (compared to where we had been), rainy, sad…
Another ‘too short’ trip. Already looking forward to 2016!
And now that I’m home, I’m hoping to spend some time this weekend getting myself organized and prepping for some serious sewing next weekend. Because of the girls cruise, I had to skip the quilt retreat I do with Gretchen every November. But another opportunity came up when HS friend Becky asked Gretchen & I if we wanted to join her and some friends at a retreat house for the weekend. They’ll scrapbook (and eat and drink) and we’ll quilt (and eat and drink). But before that can happen, I need to spend some serious time taking stock of where I am with some projects, getting organized, possibly shopping, and get packing. I’m ready to be able to get back to my many in progress projects!