Baby boy quilt is well underway. The final layout uses almost all of the fabric I had, and that’s a very good thing!
I was having a hard time figuring out what I wanted to do in order to make this quilt larger. I started with nine 9-patch blocks and added from there. I knew I had plenty of fabric, but I just didn’t know which direction to go, and then hubby suggested putting a single row of blocks between each of the sets of 9-patches. That helped use up more of the squares I had already cut which is a very good thing. I didn’t want to have any leftover fabric, and I wanted this to be a decent sized quilt so it would be used for several years.
It won’t be long until the top is finished. It has come together pretty quickly, but sadly it will be a while until I can get back to the longarm machine – we’re just too busy through the end of August and I don’t know when I will carve out the time to go.