At last I’ve finally made some progress on one project I’ve had in the works for a while – I started my own Hazel Hedgehog for my office over a month ago and I was finally able to finish her today. I finished the top about 6 weeks ago, but I’ve been gone or busy every single weekend since then up until this weekend, so I was finally able to make the back, quilt, and bind her this weekend. For some reason I really struggled with the binding, but after some re-working, I finally got her finished. Nowhere near perfect (she’s not being judged at the fair, after all), but I’m OK with that.
I’m so glad she’s finally done!!
Because it’s been so long since I’ve sewn, it’s also been a long time since I bought any fabric, but that streak ended this weekend. I need to make a project tote for my swap partner for Glamp Stitchalot in November, and I finally found something I *hope* my partner will love, based on the information I know about her… I finally found a tote pattern I like (I’m skeered of them, to be honest!) – it was a tutorial from Jenny Doan of Missouri Quilt Company and Crafty Gemini and I’m pretty sure I can make it! I ordered the In-R-Form stabilizer and thanks to Amazon Prime, it will be here tomorrow (WooHoo!).
I’m excited to start this bag, and I’m pretty sure that’s the first time I’ve ever said that! In other news – I decided I should start a new quilt with a very hard deadline in about 8 weeks. Can’t say a whole lot about it, but I can give you a peek of the tester block I made today. The blocks will be no problem to whip up. I’ve already pressed all 36 fat quarters, just need to find an off-white solid for the sashing. Too bad pure white won’t work – I have about 15 yards of that in my stash!
More on this (I hope) in the coming weeks!
It’s been fo-eva-eva since I’ve done this, but I’m linking to